Religion & Philosophy Minors
Xổ số miền bắc thứ 4 tuần trướcAs a student, you may not only have an interest in religion or philosophy, but another discipline as well. Many Otterbein students choose to double major and minor in religion and/or philosophy because:
- It’s easy to do!
- You earn an immediately marketable degree while also “feeding your soul.”
- These majors/minors enhance and complement many other majors.
- Graduate schools offer tailor-made combinations of interests as well.
Most of the majors/minors at Otterbein are compatible with religion and philosophy, but those that seem to work best are:
- History and Political Science
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Women’s Studies
Xổ số miền bắc thứ 4 tuần trướcHere’s what our double majors/minors are saying:
- “In the field of advertising and public relations, I’m able to have conversations about other cultures and feel comfortable doing it.”
- “I’m in art, and the religion courses at Otterbein offered depth to my profession.”
- “As a parent, I’m able to instill respect for other religions and cultures in my children and their school environments.”
- “Having studied religion from an academic perspective at Otterbein, I understand the emotions and history that are brought to the table when discussing science.”
- “I’m in the military and served in Afghanistan. I was able to do my duties without being judgmental of another person’s culture.”
- “It helps set the foundation for learning to keep an open mind, not jump to conclusions, and always evaluate each person, belief and value independently.”
- “Critical thinking is a skill that can be used in any profession and in all aspects of life. Regardless of the subject matter, the ability to think critically is of vital importance for success.”
- “Although I didn’t realize studying philosophy would impact every aspect of my life, it absolutely has. Philosophy has influenced and challenged my previous beliefs. As a person I have become more open to new experiences and more open to those completely unlike me. I find this very rewarding.”
- “I relate philosophy literally to everything I think and do. This might drive most people crazy, but for me it’s endless entertainment.”
- “It may sound cliché, but my education gives me an advantage in terms of problem solving and critical analysis in a “real world” which lacks any sort of linear organization.”