Title IX Information
Xổ số miền bắc thứ 4 tuần trướcOtterbein University is dedicated to creating a community that proactively addresses sexual misconduct, domestic/dating violence, sexual harassment, and sexual violence. The Title IX Team works in partnership with the Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Resources Center, the Sexual Violence Task Force, the Otterbein Police Department, and numerous University departments to:
- Educate students, faculty and staff
- Regularly review and revise policies and procedures
- Intervene in unhealthy interactions before they advance to the level of a Title IX violation
- Respond to concerns of possible sexual misconduct in a manner that is prompt, thorough, sensitive, supportive, and ensures due process to all parties
- Bi-annually conduct a campus climate survey
Xổ số miền bắc thứ 4 tuần trướcWe recognize the importance of connecting with community and state resources to stay abreast of best practices and changes in state and federal laws, including:
- Creation of an memorandum of agreement with the Sexual Assault Response Network of Central Ohio (SARNCO) for a broad spectrum of services including training, program and policy review, and support services for survivors.
- Participation in state-wide training offered by the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE). Otterbein University is one of four universities selected to provide guidance to the ODHE’s Campus Safety & Sexual Violence Prevention project.
Xổ số miền bắc thứ 4 tuần trướcWhat is Title IX?
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.
Otterbein University will not tolerate harassment by or of its employees, faculty, students, vendors, or visitors through words or actions based upon an individual’s race, color, gender, national origin, religion, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, military status, or veteran status, This prohibition on harassment includes sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, and sexual violence.
Prompt and effective measures will be taken to assure that such discrimination and harassment does not occur. All charges of harassment will be taken seriously. The University strongly urges employees, faculty, students, vendors, or visitors to report all possible incidents of harassment.
The University will not tolerate retaliation in any form against any student, faculty or staff who files a complaint, against whom a complaint has been filed , serves as a witness, or participates in an investigation of discrimination or harassment. The University will take steps to prevent retaliation or recurrence of any sexual misconduct on the complainant or others.
- To report incidents of sexual harassment, sexual violence, dating/domestic violence and stalking, please review our policy at Sexual Misconduct Policy for anonymous, confidential and non-confidential reporting options.
- Information about Sexual Misconduct policy and statistics, as well as other University polices concerning campus security, crime prevention and the reporting of crimes can be found at Annual Safety Report
Title IX Team
Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator
Business Affairs, 25 W. Home Street
Responsibilities: The Title IX Coordinator is the designated university official with primary responsibility for coordinating the university’s compliance with Title IX. This includes providing leadership for Title IX activities; providing consultation, education and training; and helping to ensure the university responds appropriately, effectively and equitably to Title IX issues. Scott serves as a Title IX investigator.
Associate Dean of Students
Student Affairs, Hanby Hall
ResponsibilitiesXổ số miền bắc thứ 4 tuần trước: Serves as the Director of Student Conduct and is responsible for coordinating sexual misconduct procedures and support services for students. Coordinates with campus and local resources to develop programs and publications. Julie serves as a Title IX investigator.
Colette Masterson, Ph.D
Director, Center for Student Involvement
Responsibilities: Assists with policy and program development. Colette serves as a Title IX investigator.
Xổ số miền bắc thứ 4 tuần trướcTitle IX Training & Resources
Confidential Community Resources
BRAVO: 614-294-7867 Buckeye Region Anti-Violence Organization works to eliminate violence perpetuated on the basis of sexual orientation and/or gender identification through prevention, advocacy, violence documentation and survivor services.
SARNCOXổ số miền bắc thứ 4 tuần trước: 614-267-7020 Sexual Assault Response Network of Central Ohio 24-hour Rape helpline, emergency room advocacy, law enforcement liaisons, sexual violence prevention program and recovery resources.
The Center for Family Safety & HealingXổ số miền bắc thứ 4 tuần trước: 614-722-8293 offers counseling and advocacy services to adult victims of domestic violence. Weekend and appointments available.